Central Poultry Development Organization & Training Institute(CPDO&TI)
The Central Poultry Organisation (Southern Region), under Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India formed after merging and restructuring of the Central Poultry Units located at Hessaraghatta, Bangalore viz. Central Poultry Training Institute, Central Poultry Breeding Farm, Central Duck Breeding Farm, Random Sample Poultry Performance Testing Centre, during June 2003.
- Maintaining of Germ plasm of low input technology birds and multiplication and development
of these stocks and supply for rural poultry development programmes.
- Conducting of training programmes for in-service candidates and of sponsored foreign candidates.
- Conducting of Training Programmes for women and farmers for rural poultry development programmes
on regional basis.
- Analysis of feed samples for various parameters including mycotoxins.
- Supply of quality ducklings both egg type and meat type to state poultry organizations and farmers.
- Under diversification programme, Turkey Production and multiplication.
This Organisations constitutes three major Units:-
- Training Institute & Service Unit
- Poultry Unit
- Turkey Unit
- Duck Unit